Friday, August 31, 2007

Illusion Knitting

This is my first ever completed Knitting project. I first saw it on the DIY Show Knitty Gritty. What I like about it is that from a head on angle it looks as though its just plain stripes.
I had a bit of trouble with working it from the charts, so I spent some time and translated it on paper first. If you are like me - here's a link to a written out version of the chart. (pdf file) The Knitty Gritty link above will take you to the rest of the instructions.



Illusion1
Originally uploaded by ssplam



But if you look at it from an angle - there is a pattern hidden away. This one is based on a suit of cards. I didn't follow the full pattern, only the parts that relate to the suits of cards. This one done in a microspun yarn - so bright, also soft and warm.



illusion2
Originally uploaded by ssplam


illusion3
Originally uploaded by ssplam




No comments: