Tuesday, June 3, 2008


For some nicer things, and craftier things.

Been working on what is called CBE projects. This means "Character Building Exercises" and is a crafting challenge to use stash materials for assigned projects.

I've completed 3 so far.
CBE # 1 - Double Flower Cloth
A beautiful round dishcloth that I found worked up fairly quickly, and I really enjoyed it. Pattern here http://www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout/kpatterns/dblflower.html

CBE #2 is a scarf.
This is not a pattern I would have chosen for myself, but it did work up quickly and it was surprisingly comfortable. Nonetheless it has been gifted to a co-worker who expressed an interest in having such a thing for herself. Pattern here: http://people.delphiforums.com/knit_chat/knitchat/patterns/bowscarf.htm

CBE #3 - simple sock
Again something I probably would not have chosen for myself (or even found I venture). But being worked in worsted weight yarn it moves pretty quickly, just a couple hours and the first one is finished. Haven't yet cast on the second sock, but will do that once I finish my Rainbow Sock pair. They are soft and mostly comfortable, not too keen on the heel. My changes to the pattern however, removed 2 stitches and used size 8 needles. 2 less stitches made for an easy 2/2 ribbing and the larger needles seemed to make the sizing right. I'm finding that "women's sock" in many patterns is not for big foot chicks like me. Pattern here: http://www.woolworks.org/patterns/joannesox.txt

No comments: